Medical Marijuana And Cannabis Law
Florida voters recently backed an amendment to the state’s constitution allowing for the use of medical marijuana to treat certain illnesses and injuries. Marijuana is still a banned substance under federal law, and strict regulations apply to doctors who wish to prescribe the drug as well as those who grow or distribute it. Those not in compliance with these rules could be facing substantial legal problems.
At the Dickman Law Firm, we help medical professionals, dispensaries and municipalities with any legal questions regarding medical marijuana. Our lawyers offer tailored guidance no matter which step in the process you happen to be at, helping you determine the proper course of action you need to take to be in compliance with the state’s medical marijuana laws.
Practical Advice You Can Use To Address Your Concerns
Different laws will apply depending upon your specific role. We are well-equipped to provide you with a thorough evaluation of your proposals in order to help you understand your options.
For medical professionals, we help with matters, including:
- Helping understand the various regulations applying to medical professionals who wish to prescribe the drug to patients.
- Reviewing the applicable laws concerning when patients qualify to receive the drug.
- Explaining how patients can have prescriptions filled.
For dispensaries, we assist with issues regarding:
- Where to build the dispensary to ensure compliance with zoning laws.
- Transportation of the marijuana.
- What to do with the money earned from the sale of the prescriptions.
For counties and municipalities, we solve questions related to:
- Local zoning laws applying to individuals who wish to open dispensaries.
- Where marijuana-related businesses may operate in the local community.
- Any other issue connected to the distribution of medical marijuana.
This is still a very new and developing area of law, and many people are still unsure of what needs to be done to meet the state’s requirements. By meeting with us to discuss your plan, we can help you reduce the red flags you may encounter as your business moves forward.
Before Making Any Decisions, Consult Our Experienced Attorneys
If you have any questions at all about issues related to medical marijuana, we invite you to call our lawyers at +1-239-330-6735 or send us an email to arrange your free consultation. We will be happy to help you gain an understanding of all your options. Hablamos español.